Monday, March 14

Her Voice

'She's got an indiscreet voice,' I remarked.  'It's full of-'.  I hesitated.

'Her voice is full of money,' he said suddenly. 

That was it.  I'd never understood before.  It was full of money - that was the inexhaustible charm that rose and fell in it, the jingle of it, the cymbals' song of it... High in a white palace a king's daughter, the golden girl...


Chapter 7, The Great Gatsby, (1926). 

Everyone, I am so enjoying this book, and I'm nearly finished too.  This copy is only 170 something pages long, and I'm already up to 120 something.  I really don't want it to end, though.  It's way too much fun to end!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Wonder what my voice might be full of - I certainly hope it's something nice like 'Strawberry Clouds'...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!