Saturday, April 30

The Acidic Assignment Writer

Why do they give us weekends for our relaxation if we can only survive the weekdays by cramming for assignments all weekend long?  They should dub them studydays rather, so I don't feel bad for spending the entire weekend typing and writing and researching.  And sickness should NEVER come knocking when it is a weekday, because then I have to spend my entire sickday studying at home rather than at school, and inevitably feel guilty for not doing as much or as good quality work as I might have actually in class!  It's a frustrating thing.  Maybe I should pick a lemon from my wallpaper and suck it for a while.

Anyway, on a more positive note, my first shift at my new job went very well yesterday, and I was a happy camper to discover the perks: free movies fullstop.  Pretty good hey?  But my arms from fingertip to elbow were in absolute agony last night and this morning from all the opening of DVD cases and slamming of DVDS up straight on shelves etcetera etcetera.  It's a physical job, however it may seem.  I'm looking forward, though, to really getting the hang of it, and I'm aware I'll have plenty of fun 'keeping up' with the current films and learning all the trivia that will boost me into nerd-surpremacy over my adamantly-superfluent little brother. 

My maths teacher (ironically enough) recommended two books for me to read - To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Catcher in the Rye, both of which I am disgusted with myself for not having read already.  Anyway, enough from me.  What are you all reading at the moment, and does anyone have any fun stuff to share about their reading/writing world? 

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 01, 2011

    Glad your new job is off to a good start & hope you are soon feeling well! The only book I'm reading at the moment that is not a textbook is 'The Confidence Gap' - a self help book. Such is my limited literary existence! Somehow you help to fill in the gaps.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!