Monday, July 25

A Storm in a Tea Cup

In my writing activity from yesterday, which, (if you read my post from yesterday you would know), I didn't feel like doing, I was given a selection of cliches that I could use as the title or the basis for a story.  I haven't used any yet, but the one that I was most attracted to was "a storm in a teacup".  Just something about that little phrase is extremely whimsical and wonderful.  When looking in nooks and crannies on the internet, I chanced to come across something that delighted me so much that I just want everyone on earth to hear about it.  

Storm in a Tea Cup by John Lumbus
The Royal Delft 'Storm in a Teacup' by John  Lumbus
http://www.cabaret.co.uk/store/automata/limited-editions/storm-in-a-tea-cup/

Storm in a Tea Cup by John Lumbus
The New English 'Storm in a Teacup' by John Lumbas
http://www.cabaret.co.uk/store/automata/limited-editions/storm-in-a-tea-cup/

I know that this sort of thing is up my ally, but I really hope that you can appreciate how adorable and whimsical this little bit of joy is.  They're so clean and quaint and petit and even angelically simple and wonderful.   Watch it at work.  This is just gorgeous. 


 

Yes, anyway, that was my little bit of delight for the week.  I would have more to say except that I have nothing else to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!