Saturday, July 9

63 Hrs 13 Mins and Counting

My holidays are drawing to an end.  They will fizzle out like a sparkler in exactly 63 hours and 13 minutes.  In exactly 63 hours and 13 minutes, I will wake up on the first morning of semester two. 

I've pretty well been there, done everything first semester.   I have competed with homework, assignments, deadlines, little sleep, a new job, snobs, a dog, siblings, my mimimal social life, my tragic hair, stomach bugs, colds, boredom and dentists.  Belive it or not, I competed with and emerged victorious over all of the above with the assistance of only a very basic Survival Kit. 

[     Survival Kit includes:
  • Toothbrush
  • Chapstick
  • Hair straightener
  • Tissue box
  • A book (any book will do)
  • Herbie my laptop
  • Electric blanket
  • Stockings                          ]
I think that without heartbreak, physical injury, flat out failure, death, moving house and being fired, this year so far has included pretty well everything.  I think I have enjoyed my connection with friends at least twice as much as ever before in my life, and my relationships with my teachers is very comfortable.  I don't look forward to getting stuck into semester two in 63 hours and 13 minutes, but I think that because I survived semester one so well, semester two might be just that tiny bit easier. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you went through a lot! I'm glad you have your survival kit and wonderful friends :)

    Oh and I was very excited about the article! She doesn't seem too thrilled about my new one so it may not be going up :p ahh well.

    I have read that book, I quite liked it too! Did you have to read it during the holidays? Because that's just unfair!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!