I like to keep an account of all the books I read in a little notebook labelled, 'Book Log'. As it's the beginning of the new year, I thought it would be nice to look back on what 2011 consisted of, reading wise:
In chronological order:
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Valley of Fear by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- His Last Bow ''
- The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes ''
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- My Life in France by Julia Child
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- The Last Tycoon by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
- The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
- A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen
- The Lady from the Sea ''
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
- Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Constance Drinkwater and the Final Days of Somerset by Stephen Carleton
- All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Everything is Illuminated ''
What books did you read in 2011 and what were your reading highlights?