Friday, May 31

A Little Dream of Me

This week has been jam-packed with cramming for deadlines, so unfortunately there hasn't been much time or energy left for me to put towards fun.  I am taking a short break, however, to quickly tell you about a new project that I have started.  

I am one of those people who has a dream every single night.  And most of the time, I remember them clearly.  Have you ever experienced that feeling when you're dreaming and you think

"my, this is a great idea, and as soon as I wake up, I'll turn this idea into a bestselling novel / blockbuster movie / billion-dollar invention..."

but when you wake up, you realise

"that was the most ridiculous idea I've ever had"

and you see that it only made sense in dream-land?  I have experienced this so often that it's become a little frustrating.  

So, I thought, what if I kept a Dream Journal???  That way, I would have a catalogue of all my whacky, nonsensical ideas, and eventually, I bet there will be some context someday in which those ideas will make sense and be brilliant.  Or maybe, when they are combined to make one BIG idea, they will be awesome!  I can dream, can't I?

So, that's what I'm doing.  Every morning, first thing after I wake up, I sit in bed with my Dream Journal and write down my dreams.  Already, I have an eclectic cacophony of absurd inspirations, some of which, I am beginning to wonder if they might work in a story.  You never know.  I might just need to sleep on it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!