Monday, January 7

Books of 2012

Happy New Year!  As the start of 2013 is the beginning of a completely fresh page, I'd like to have a look at the books that made last year special.  So here they are - my 2012 reading list!


BOOKS OF 2012

  • 30 Second Theories
  • Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
  • A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  • The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket
  • The Slippery Slope  by Lemony Snicket
  • The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket
  • The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Time Travel for Beginners
  • The Caucasian Chalk Circle by Bertolt Brecht
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
  • Dear Enemy by Jean Webster
  • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'engle
  • Dune by Frank Herbert
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

And in case you were wondering, I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the 2nd of January, so it just missed the cut off for 2012's reading list.  


CONCERNING HARRY POTTER

And also in case you wondered, I would have posted - I would have posted many many times with growing enthusiasm - about reading Harry Potter for the very first time, except for the dilemma that I loved it so much that I just couldn't put it into words.  It seems that half the world has a similar problem concerning their passion for the miraculously brilliant series.  To clarify, I am so proud to have finally read them, and I deem it one of the most - if not THE MOST - exciting, compelling, and moving reading experiences of my life.  

I was blown away by how she chose the ultimate plot, the ultimate theme, the ultimate point and told it with a completely overwhelming integrity and love of truth.  It is truly the ultimate read.  

My enthusiasm will quickly render me dumb before I can properly explain myself.  


TO CAP IT OFF

2012 was a really momentous year of books for me.  I have learnt to accept and love books from genres and eras that I had previously disregarded, as well as read three non-fiction books as well!  All in all, and obviously linked to my graduation, 2012 has been full of milestones.  I would love to hear what books made your year wonderful!  Have any of them earned a place on the list of Books to Read Before You Die?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!